Friday, January 11, 2013

stella mae jones

I still have a hard time believing she is actually here with us. I had such a different pregnancy this time, it feels like it went even quicker than normal. Nonetheless we couldn't be happier with our 3 perfect little girls. I have been fighting myself on if I want to post about little Stella's birth. I don't by any means want to come of as ungrateful, because that is not the case, I thank my heavenly father everyday that he has blessed us with another daughter to take care of and that he allowed her to be born perfectly healthy. However Stella mae's birth was not at all how I had envisioned when I found out I was pregnant.( remember I'm the crazy lady that loves every little thing about L&d). I do want to document how I felt the first time seeing my sweet girl just like I have previously with the other divas ;)

December 18th: 6:00a
I had woken up for the day & discovered a bleed, with my placenta previa this could have been extremely dangerous. Kyland was already at work so I woke my sweet girls up got them ready and took them to my parents house. Figuring that this was nothing and we would be back to normal by the afternoon.
7:45a- I had arrived at the hospital and they had me in triage hooked up to a contraction monitor and baby heartbeat monitor. They also were checking to make sure the bleed didn't get any worse.
10:30- a perinatal dr came and took an ultrasound of Stella so estimate how big she was and to see if she was practicing using her lungs. He estimated 6lbs 12oz & she was in there "breathing" & doing everything she was supposed to be doing.
12:00p- the perinatal dr comes back and informs me we will be doing an amniocentesis.(ahhh big needle right in your belly!!!) I've heard that these are absolutely awful...
12:30p- the amniocentesis is performed and was not as bad as everyone makes it seem. If the results come back positive we are having a baby tonight!
1:45p- kyland arrives.
2:30p- our nurse Stacy moves us to a room & is pretty sure we will be doing the csection that night.
3:30p-wait for amnio results
4:30p- wait
5:30p- wait
6:30p- where are the dang results!!!
7:30p- new nurse & old nurse Stacy inform us the test came back negative( lungs not developed) but it wasnt negative by a lot so the nurses were still planning on the csection. Csection scheduled for 9pm
8:15p- my nurse starts explaining how the csection will work.
8:30pm- the on call dr comes in and says that we will not be doing the csection because of the negative ammo but my dr is having me stay & continue to be monitored.
8:45p- my HUGE meltdown. I was in the mindset that this surgery was going to happen & then in 1.5 seconds now it isn't happening. I was ready for the surgery to be over with. The pregnancy, I was fine with still being pregnant but oh boy did I want the surgery over with.
10:00p- kyland goes home & they move me to another room.
* that night was horrible. I was still being monitored & the nurse had to come in what seemed like every 15 minutes. The next day I waited & waited & there was so much waiting. Finally my dr came by that afternoon and said that I could go home on complete bedrest. ( no shopping uh this was a week before Christmas, no driving, no cleaning, couldn't pick up the girls) I agreed so that I could get out of the hospital. My dr also told me that my csection was rescheduled for Sunday December 23rd 2012. They didn't want to risk me going into labor on my own. Out of the hospital I went. I was so happy to see my two big girls and spend the last couple of days with it just being the four of us. We celebrated Christmas on Saturday December 22nd so that I could see the girls open their prezzies!! They were so cute!! Surprisingly I slept wonderfully ( or as wonderful as you can when your nine months pregnant)

Stella Mae's Happy Birthday ( December 23rd 2012)
6:30a- I woke up & got ready for the hospital
7:00a-woke up kyland
7:45a- said goodbye to the sweetest most gorgeous divas on earth & told them I couldn't wait for them to meet their new baby sister.
8:20a- got to the hospital!!
8:25a- my fave nurse came out & made me laugh which was awesome because I was feeling extremely nervous!!
9:00a- they got me hooked up to an iv and started all that labor stuff.
Then there was just waiting. I was so incredibly blessed to have wonderful nurses working this day. The air was light, everyone was happy & making jokes which for kyland and I is an absolute must. It made me feel so comfortable (or as comfortable as I could be considering how nervous I was.) My anesthesiologist was the best!! I couldn't have dreamed of a better one. He was from Australia so he had an accent. ( think crush from finding nemo) all I could think when he talked was "totally dude" he came in before the surgery and talked to us and was just so friendly he made me feel even more comfortable.
10:45- they had kyland suit up & this was one of the parts I was DREADING. They said alright dad you stay here we will come get you when mom is ready. HUH?!?! I'm having to go into a huge unknown all by myself, without my husband my best friend the guy that I need when I need to be comforted.
We walk into the operating room and holy heck it is FREEZING! My sweet nurse went and got a warm blanket and I sat up on the operating table. Crush ( you know my anesthesiologist) came and said alright let's start the party. He explained everything he was doing when he did it & it was over fairly quickly. As soon as he got the spinal in my back I had to lay down right away it works so quickly. So I'm laying down and I remember being half nervous and the other half being so proud that I had gotten one of the worst parts out of the way without kyland and I didn't even freak out or cry!
They finished prepping everything & finally my hunk was allowed to come in and it was the best feeling in the world seeing his smiling face come through the door. They explained to kyland where he could and couldn't go. My dr came in and it was game time. They had the radio on from the start which did make it a little more relaxing since music has a way of calming me down. Crush stayed up by me and talked to me. My dr also walked me through everything. They started and of course kyland watched the whole thing loving it haha.Then Jason Marz I wont give up came on & I remember singing in my head (i love this song, I'm so glad she was born during it) & then I felt a huge amount of tugging and pulling and dr said here she comes...
11:20am our family grew by 2 very long skinny feet & ten cute little toes! My dr put her over the drape and I got a teeny glance at our little pipsqueak. At this point kyland was with the baby and I was laying there wondering what was going on. This was the part that was the worst for me. With my previous deliveries I had my girls laying on me at this point. I knew if they had hair I knew what they looked like & at this moment I was laying on a table not knowing anything about my baby. Kyland came back over & it was when my dr was stitching me back up kyland was asking him questions & my dr was very aware that I didn't want another csection if possible so he was telling kyland that he really reinforced everything so that hopefully next time we could try for a vbac. My dr said that we should wait at least a year before having another one and of course my husband says " well ya if I can keep her hands off of me" my dr stopped what he was doing to look over the curtain to see my reaction which of course I was laughing. Finally the moment I had waited for came and they brought my brand new daughter to me. I looked at her and was in absolute LOVE. Then as luck would have it I started getting sick. So kyland and Stella left and went to the nursery and there I was throwing up. By the end of surgery I was so thankful for all of my years of doing yoga I wouldn't have gotten through it if I didn't breath. Finally surgery was over they got me on my recovery bed and wheeled me out. And my amazing husband was there to greet me. He was there waiting with the camera to show me out precious perfect daughter. He was there when I had my major meltdown because I put my hand on my stomach and it was deflated. When you push your babies out you see your stomach go down, that wasn't the case for me this time. It was very odd having a deflated stomach when you did nothing to get the baby out. It was the worst feeling. We had to stay in recovery for a while. All I wanted was my little girl. It seriously felt like an eternity. But they got me in my room & finally brought me my baby girl. While this wasn't the ideal delivery, it wasn't what I had dreamt of. When I looked at this perfect miracle, it really didn't matter. My recovery was going to be longer and harder. I didn't get to have a instant moment with her right after she was born, but I was holding her then and she was perfect and healthy and really that is all I wanted. Stella Mae continues to brighten my day everyday. I couldn't be happier!

Stella Mae Jones
December 23rd 2012
6lbs 15oz
20inches
Perfect in every way





 waiting for surgery, with my super cute hat
 kyland sure knows how to keep the mood light
 saying hi to my baby girl for the first time
 perfect gorgeous miracle
 so happy

 kyland is like profesh daddy now, he NEVER would have held allyson with only one hand!!
 so much love



 auntie bebe
 papa
 allyson meeting stella for the first time, she was so interested in EVERYTHING
 ruby roobs meeting "baby" for the first time
 our growing family
 when allyson held stella for the first time she sang "you are my sunshine"

you have to go home in style 
this was the morning we left for the hospital, 39 weeks 
best big sisters in the world!!

1 comment:

  1. What a story! WOW! I'm so glad you shared! loove the pictures! She is a perfect little addition to your adorable family (=
    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete